subscribe to the RSS Feed

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pain on right side please help?

Posted by admin on April 22, 2011

Pain on right side please help?
I’m 36 weeks pregnant have pain under breast rib area hurts to laugh cough sneeze move right arm and breath deep breath. The baby is low does not kick my rib area at all also have lower right side back pain. Any advice. Also sitting straight helps a tiny bit or laying down as long as I breath shallow and don’t cough.

Answer by Douglas B
You have a pinched muscle in your back giving you that pain. When you have a pinched muscle in your upper back the pains often follow the nerves to the front of your body to manifest themselves as rib, chest or heart pains. To get rid of this pain you have to free up the muscles in your back. As you are so far along just do them as best as you can. If nothing else do them after the baby is here to make sure they are released and won’t come back. Here’ how to free them up:
(do from a sitting position)
Place your left hand on your left leg next to your body. Place your right hand over your left shoulder, fingers over the back and the palm in the front and firmly pull down on them and hold. After 30 seconds slowly lower your body forward and to the outside of your left leg, keeping your left arm fairly straight as you do. When you reach your lap remain there for another 10 seconds, release the pressure but rest there for another 30 seconds. Then reverse your hand positions and do your right side.
For best results relax your body first by taking a deep breath and exhaling then remain this relaxed.

Answer by Loren
There could be various reasons why you might have pain in that area. However, as you are aware, when a woman is pregnant many areas increase in laxity to allow space for baby to grow and eventually be delivered. The ribs and rib cage are areas that do this. Sometimes what can happen is that a rib may become stuck. (not moving properly within its normal movement patterns) Unfortunately, there is not much you can do on your own to fix the problem and this can be something that is very painful and nagging. (As if pregnancy itself isn’t uncomfortable enough) A chiropractor can restore the motion of the area causing the pain. So my suggestion would be to visit a chiropractor, which can treat you while pregnant, and have him/her get rid of that unnecessary discomfort that you are experiencing.

baby sneezing: Pain on right side please help?